Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The Joys Of Being Nana


THIS IS KRISTY:
Kristy is the oldest of my 2 children, and mother to my most perfect grandson Jacob.
There were days when I wondered if Kristy would ever grow up, or if I'd survive motherhood!


Needless to say, things worked out just fine, and we're best friends now.

THIS IS JACOB


Now Kristy wonders if he will ever grow up, or if she's going to survive motherhood!

The phone rings, and the conversation goes something like this:
Me: Hello
Kristy: I'm Sorry Mommy!
Me: What did Jacob do now? lol

Jacob is a typical 13 year old boy. He loves girls, money, his church, and especially skateboarding! He's a stinkpot, to say the least, but a great source of joy to me!

Kristy swears that when she was young, I put the "Mothers Curse" on her!

You know the one that we yell when we've had enough...." I Hope When You Grow Up, You Have A Child That Acts Just Like You" !!
I'm here to tell you....it works!
It really works!

I love being on this side of motherhood! Life is ever changing with adult children. Now with grandkids in the picture, it's oh so much more enjoyable! I love knowing that things are really going to work out, and that my children will not loose their sanity raising my grandchildren!

That there really is time for a teaparty,or to watch Brobie dance on Yo Gabba Gabba.

That "kickflips" and "grinding" are really cool!

I love knowing that as a grandparent, we get to enjoy the smallest things our grandchildren have to offer. As a parent, it's easy to get so "busy" with everyday life that the little things get taken for granted!

I guess the Good Lord knew what he was doing in giving us grandparents.

With that being said....Kristy just called. Her vet gave them some tranqulizers to sedate their dog, Petey, so they can cut his toe nails! He tried to get up and get a drink of water from the bathtub, and got stuck half way in! lol
Ain't life grand?

2 comments:

Laura said...

I'm a friend of Renee too. I love you new blog. The dog toe nail thing got me...we own a grooming, boarding, doggie daycare and I can truly see the whole picture in my head! Way to go on the rescues...it's much needed along with education :) Happy blogging!

Oily Special Momma said...

Welcome to blogging world!!! I too know Renee and saw you had started your site so I wanted to visit. Hope you enjoy blogging. I started almost a year ago for our daughter's birthfamily to have up to date info on her and it has grown from there!!! Hope you love it as much as I do!!

Robyn