Tuesday, March 9, 2010

RELAY FOR LIFE


A friend recently told me that "if you want to get rich quick....count your blessings".

I just want you to know what a blessing you have been in my life this past year.
The illness and passing of my brother Mike truly showed me just how God has blessed me,and my family with such wonderful friends!

Every day, it seems, I meet another person that cancer has affected.
I am so encouraged and blessed by these survivors !
Whether it be in their life, the life of a family member, or a friend... cancer has no boundaries.
It does not discriminate, and it destroys!

In honor of my brother Michael, and my mother, I am participating in the Christian County Relay For Life this year.

During Mike's illness, the American Cancer Society supported, encouraged, and sustained us.
They not only worked diligently researching a cure, but they provided my family and myself with the tools necessary to fight.
From food and lodging at no charge while Mike was hospitalized in Nashville, to the gas cards they provided to help with travel expenses....
they did everything possible to support our family....all at no charge to us!

Please join me in my efforts to give back!
If you could make a gift to my team and the American Cancer Society, I would truly appreciate it!
We all seem to think that "I can't give more than $5.00". You should know that $5.00 can do wonders!
If we all decided to give just the money that we'd spend on a lunch out for just one day.....lives would be changed!

You can make your gifts at www.relayforlife.org/christian. Just search TEAM STRONG TOWER!
You can also find a link to donate on my Facebook page.
If you prefer not to donate online, I will be glad to provide you with my home address.

I would also like to invite you to attend the Relay For Life in your area. I promise you will be blessed!



My Brother Mike....The reason I Relay!

1 comment:

septembermom said...

Relay for Life is a wonderful event bringing communities, families and friends together. My son and I participated last year. We are excited about the chance to participate again in June. My dad lost his battle with cancer 10 years ago. I think of him each day. I hope many people get out to support this wonderful effort for fighting back.