Saturday, March 28, 2009

Wow! I can't believe how long it's been since I've updated this blog!
Things have been in a whirlwind around here, and I just can't seem to get time to sit down for more than 5 minutes any more.

God has really given me the time to "Count My Abundant Blessings" in the past week!
There have been so many visitors, phone calls, emails, etc.
I have the greatest support network ever!
I thank every one of you for the emails and comments. They bless my heart!

My brother, Mike, is hanging in. He has so much courage and strength! He is using every minute he has left to witness to people and bring glory to God. I'm so very proud of him!
I had to laugh yesterday. His Hospice nurse, Betty, came over to check on him and had her Bible in hand! She said she was coming to have church! lol
She told me what a blessing Mike was.
In her job, it seems most things are sad and stressfull.
She says when she comes to care for Mike, she walks away refreshed, and realizes why she is in the profession she is. What a blessing!

At Celebrate Recovery last night, the team did a special program for Mike. They just wanted him to know what a blessing he has been to them and the program. It was precious!

OK...on to a happier note:
Renee tagged me to tell you 6 weird things about myself and then pass it on to 6 others.
So......here ya go!
1) I was born in France and my birth certificate is 8 pages long! (I can't read it)
2) I am NOT a fan of chocolate
3) I HAVEto have one foot out from under the blankets for me to sleep at night
4) I once found an abandoned newborn baby boy at a bank I worked at and revived him!
5) I have a daughter that looks just like me, and a son that looks nothing like me!
6) I am a major ice cream fanatic!

Now I tag:
The Motherboard: http://wheredidiputthat.blogspot.com/
Alicia: http://yayastuff.blogspot.com/
Martina: http://freedom2move.blogspot.com/
Lady Dorothy: http://ladydorothy.blogspot.com/
Sera: http://laughingthroughthechaos.blogspot.com/
Jade:http://theonecurlyfry.blogspot.com/

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! You revived a baby? That is absolutely amazing.

And an 8 page birth certificate?? Weird!

That is such a nice story about your brother and all his influence that he has on others. He sounds like an amazing person. I like that the nurse was 'coming to church'!

Hope you were able to relax a bit and maybe take a bubble bath or something to rest for a bit.

SUGAMAMA'S CAFE' said...

Busy Little Bee...Thanks for the update! Mike and your family as in my thoughts as well as my prayers! Very intresting things... What a great story you must have!
Find rest and peace this week!
Peace ~M~

Wanda..... said...

Your brother sounds like a wonderful person...full of faith and peace...I've never heard of an eight page birth certificate before...and saving a baby's life...you must be very proud of that Jacki!

Wanda..... said...

THANKS JACKI for the birthday greeting today! I noticed you live in Hopkinsville KY. Would you know of the Clarence & Clemmie Hopkins family? They were family friends of my parents here in Ohio. They were originally from Hopkinsville...lived here 45 yrs...then retired back to Hopkinsville. I believe he was a minister there. Your brother is in my thoughts...my bother-in-law has kidney cancer too.

Elisa said...

Oh I got tagged! I like doing tags! Thanks!