Tuesday, October 26, 2010

ROCKIN' AND ROLLIN'

Not the musical kind!
A very good friend of mine is the director of the Weather Spotters Network in Western Ky, and he sends out weekly emails about what we can expect from Mother Nature in the coming week. This past few days has been loaded with alerts of wicked weather on the way.

When I got up this morning at 4:30, it was all most 80 degrees!
In late October?
Our normal temps for this time of year are about 45 degrees in the early morning.
The air was heavy, the wind was brutal....something was brewing!
When the sun came up, this is what I saw out my back door....

5 minutes later it looked like this...
and it only got worse from there!


If you look closely, you can see shingles blowing off houses!






This is right by my grand son's high school!

I think Mother Nature was mad!
We had many tornadoes touch down in our area this morning! A local moving and storage company lost it's roof, and there were some horses and cattle killed by falling trees....but not a single life was lost!
It seems that damage was pretty minimal considering how massive this system was!
It all blew over in about 30 minutes, and the temperature fell 25 degrees!
Now it's 56 degrees and raining.
Thank you Jesus for your protection over our city, and for our awesome Storm Intercept team that gave us a much needed heads up on this situation!
GOD IS GOOD!

1 comment:

STILLMAGNOLIA said...

We had it during the night last night. I don't know if I would rather see it....and know it is coming....or sleep through it...and wake up surprised. Severe Weather scares me but I am so glad you are all ok.